Sunday, May 1, 2011

Women at Female Strip Clubs

I just don't get it, recently it seems that more and more women are frequenting female strip clubs. I'm not talking about women going with their man or just going for informational purposes to keep their skills up to date. I'm talking about women who go on a regular basis just for fun. If that's what one chooses to do to have fun so be it, but as a heterosexual woman I can say that there is absolutely nothing in it for me. Going to a female strip club is not entertaining for me nor do I gain enjoyment from it. I asked a couple of my friends why they go. I was told it was fun but when I asked, "What was fun about it?" they really couldn't say. One friend told me they go for the food and drinks....couldn't I just go to a regular bar to get food & drinks? Why would I need to go there? The more I talked to my female friends about it the more I was convinced they didn't know why they went themselves (or if they did know, they just didn't want to share it with me). It just reminded me of the line from Lauren Hills, "Doo Wop - That Thing". "It's silly when girls sell their souls because it's in". I'm not saying that women are selling their souls but many are going because it appears to be the "in" thing. That is of course, if there aren't other reasons.

This topic also came up with some of my male friends. One guy told me when he went there were just as many women in the strip club as men. I asked him how he felt about it and he said he was okay with it but I got the impression that he really didn't feel comfortable to "let loose" as he normally would have due the abundance of female presence.

I even over heard one young lady mention that she goes to strip clubs because men buy drinks there. Really?! You go to a female strip club to get a man to buy you drinks? How stupid and cheap is that? 1st off, I personally don't go to any bar with the intention of men buying me drink. Who does that?! Maybe that's the reason men offer to buy me drinks all the time, because I'm not looking for it or expecting them to!

At any rate, if you're a woman and you enjoy looking at women strip, by all means enjoy! DO YOU!! Just know why it is that you're going. Don't go just because your friends are or it's the "IN" thing to do. We're not in high school, grow up and stop following the clique in an attempt to be a part of the "in crowd".

No comments:

Post a Comment